Sunday, May 9, 2010

Homemade Noodles

I have been making homemade noodles for many, many years.  And it still seems like a lot of work, but they taste so much better than the packaged ones that can sit on the shelf for half an eternity, (and probably have.)  I use one recipe for all my noodles, it just keeps things simple.  This is a basic egg noodle recipe made with whole wheat flour.  I have a noodle press, and when I want to make amazing noodles, I keep the dough a little stiffer and put it through the noodle press a few times so they are very thin.  I then cut them for soup, or lasagna or even ravoli.  But. many times I am too busy to pull the noodle press out, so I just make the dough a little softer and roll it as thin as I can with my rolling pin.  Then I cut them and place them right into the pot.  When I do it this way, they are a bit soggy and "fluffy" but still way better than the old dried store bought ones.  If you really are organized, you can make yours with a noodle press, and then cut them, and then freeze them!  Yummy! and handy.  We just eat them too quickly for me to actually freeze any, but when I do, they turn out great!  No deception here, these are time consuming!  Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment